Wednesday, January 27, 2010

1/27/10

1/27/10

The Democrats are losing their nerve again. Goodbye health care! Goodbye cap-and-trade! Hello Afghanistan!

It’s too bad no one can figure out that a carbon tax can also be a jobs program. Half the money collected goes back to those who can least afford the increased cost of goods and fuel (say those families earning less than $80,000 a year), half goes to reducing our dependence on carbon – wind and solar power, new transmission lines, electric cars, better electric motors, more home insulation.

If we don’t steer capitalism in a new direction, it will continue with its frontier mentality, swallowing up resources, as though the whole world were still out there, unspoiled.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    There was one wind turbine that I knew of over on Jiminy Peak ski resort. It made me very proud and I was in awe of it. I found it quite enchanting. I went to Jiminy Peak this past weekend and saw wind turbines in the making along the road to the mountain. They are huge! Then while up on the mountain I saw maybe four more were installed north of Jiminy Peak.
    Whenever I see alternate energy- or should I say- practical logical, ummm duh energy, I feel more grounded and excited. More and more people are waking up!
    Keep posting my friend!
    xxx alee ooo

    ReplyDelete